IN THE NEWS ~
CALIFORNIA FERRET BILL OPEN FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of California, wants to hear what people have to say about ferrets.
- The Legislative attempt in California to legalize ferret ownership -- or at least provide amnesty to current ferret owners -- continues to be revised and circulated through state legislative committees, and now the governor's office is seeking public opinion on Bill SB 89.
- By calling the office of Gov. Schwarzenegger at (916) 445-2841, people can choose to voice their opinion on SB 89 by selecting it from a list of about a half dozen other bills. Callers are then asked to press "1" if they support the bill and "2" if they oppose the bill.
- According to a representative from the governor's office, the bill is featured on this hotline because of the amount of calls to the office that the issue has generated.
- "It's just one of those issues people actually have opinions on," the spokeswoman said.
GOVERNMENT WATCH ~ August 2004
THANK YOU ~
TO Small Pet Owners EVERYWHERE!!!! GREAT NEWS- as of September 2008 the FDA ban on domestic Prairie Dogs has been lifted!!! This is indeed a great victory for animal owners everywhere. We have been in contact with some of the Texas breeders and they assure us there will be PUPS in the spring! Brisky Pet Products wants to thank each and every person that work tiredlessly to fight the ban! Brisky Pet Products stayed commited to Prairie Dog owners throughout the ban and will continue to support the Prairie Dog community. Together We can make a difference!